Workforce Santa Cruz County offers no-cost services to local businesses to train employees, hire new talent, retain employees, and assist with layoffs, supporting current and future workforce needs.
Are you having trouble meeting payroll? If you are looking at downsizing, do you need transitional support for your employees? The Small Business Development Center (SBDC), with local and state partners including Workforce Santa Cruz County, can help through a local confidential program that helps businesses keep their doors open and retain employees. Take the steps now to get support you need to avoid job loss or closing your business. The program provides a full range of coordinated resources to help sustain businesses and retain jobs in Santa Cruz County.
Get the help your business needs! Contact Peter Detlefs, Business Services Manager at Workforce Santa Cruz County at (831) 763-8872 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the SBDC at Cabrillo College at (831) 479-6136 or at email@example.com, or visit their website at www.santacruzsbdc.org.
To get more information, contact the SBDC at Cabrillo College: call (831) 479-6136, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website at www.santacruzsbdc.org.
Incumbent Worker Training
Businesses cannot grow without employees whose skills keep pace with industry demands. Workforce Santa Cruz County can ensure your employees have the skills needed for a thriving business, through Incumbent Worker Training (IWT). The program is designed to meet the needs of an employer or group of employers to retain a skilled workforce or avert layoffs so participants can be promoted within the company and create backfill opportunities for employers.
Contact us today to find out how we can upskill your employees. Call (831) 763-8872 to speak to a business services representative or e-mail email@example.com. You can also visit the Workforce Santa Cruz County Business website.
To learn more about the Incumbent Worker Training Program, contact a Business Services Representative: call (831) 763-8872, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Workforce Santa Cruz County Business website.
Rapid Response Layoff Service
When closure or layoffs cannot be avoided, businesses can benefit from support that eases the stressful transition their employees face. Workforce Santa Cruz County’s Rapid Response team can come to your employment site and provide:
- Unemployment insurance benefits information
- Resume, interview, and job-search assistance
- Outplacement and transition services
- Vocational and skill assessments
- Labor-market information (LMI)
These services can help reduce the time on unemployment insurance and get people back to work more quickly.
Don’t downsize alone! Learn more about Rapid Response Layoff Services by contacting a Business Services Representative at (831) 763-8872 or at email@example.com.
- 2020 Rapid Response to Re-Employment Presentation English
- Materials in English
- 2020 Orientacion De Respuesta Rapida ESPAÑOL (Rapid Response to Re-Employment Presentation Spanish)
- Materiales en español
- 2021 COVID-19 Rapid Response Orientation ENGLISH
- 2021 COVID-19 Orientación De Respuesta Rápida ESPAÑOL
To learn more about Rapid Response Layoff Services, contact a Business Services Representative: call (831) 763-8872 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is paying for another full salary standing in the way of growing your business? Consider Workforce Santa Cruz County’s On-the-Job-Training Program as the solution you need! If your business is looking to hire and train new employees, here’s how you benefit from the program:
- Reimbursement of up to 50% of trainee’s salary
- Tax credits for hiring certain eligible participants
- Reduction of costs associated with training new staff
- Access to prescreened applicants
- Ability to grow your business
Take that first step to grow your business today! Contact a Business Services Representative at (831) 763-8872 or at email@example.com to learn more about how the On-the-Job Training Program can work for your business.
To learn more about the On-the-Job Training Program, contact a Business Services Representative: call (831) 763-8872 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an employer who is hiring, we can help – at no cost! Find a wealth of information, tools, and resources through CalJOBS, three local Career Centers, and the Workforce Santa Cruz County Business Services Representative.
- Labor-market information (LMI) to identify wage trends by occupation and region.
- Tools include applicant job-skill assessment at no cost and access to the state’s database of job seekers’ resumes.
- Services include the Business Service Representative posting job openings at no cost, arranging job fairs, and specialized recruitments.
- To post job openings and search for qualified applicants, visit the CalJOBS website.
Get your job posting out there! Contact a Business Services Representative at (831) 763-8872 or at email@example.com.
To post job openings and search for qualified applicants, visit the CalJOBS website.
To learn more about the available Staffing Solutions, contact a Business Services Representative: call (831) 763-8872 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.